I had been printing some Sapphos statues recently and wondered how well it might print in Laywoo-D3.
So here is the result!
I used a flash with these pictures as it highlights the details far better. At least until my new macro lens arrives.
You can see the support around the base and under the chin. There is also a bit at the back of the head that is not shown. I have been printing in .15mm layers, but thought I would do this in .2mm. The layers are just visable.
Although the support was stuck on well, it did generally come away cleanly.
One issue is the lightening of the areas where support was removed. Although the flash makes it look much worse than it is. I found just wetting my finger and rubbing over the are seem to help. Perhaps a clear coat might be worth a try.
And here is one printed at .15mm in ABS as a comparison.